lauantai 18. syyskuuta 2010

Few more days before the take off

I had my last workday today. I feel a bit empty inside. Some sort of melacholy has taken over me. Seriously Im going there, Im leaving everything familiar behind me and heading to the unknown. How this all finally hit me?
It was my last minutes of the last workday in the drugstore of Hollola. One co-mate comes to me and takes my place and wishes me a fantastic journey. I leave my comfortable chair and go by the reception spots. Two pharmacist goes by and I say goodbye, the other one turns and ask if I'll head for home now. The other laughs a bit and urge me to look over my shoulder. I do as she said and I see something really astonishing: almost all of my workmates are in a semicircle and in the middle of them is a small present for me. I seriously didn't expect anything like that... I just thought that I'm gonna empty my closet and go home. But they obviously had other plans for me. So the head dispenser gives me my reference (a great one) and we chat something sweet, and I'm in front of everyone. My face has turned totally red and im so overwhelmed. Such a nice bunch of great workmates. I feel a bit awkward and I wanna just escape to my closet :D I hug with everyone and say something nice. They wish me a great Hawaii exploration and admits that they envy me a lot. Finally I sort my self out of that situation and head for the closets. Luckily I had bought three big applepies and vanilla sauce for them all.
By the closets I open my present: a big, blue beach ball, three candy bars (which have palm trees in their packet) and a big tube of vichy sun cream. They really had had their heart with that gift and thought about Hawaii. The card was so moving also, there was few words in Hawaiian language and everyones signature.
Now I'm ready for Hawaii, my work in Finland is done by now at least.


Btw, few weeks ago one woman from abroad came to our store. She spoke english and asked something about strappings. My co-workers couldnt help her because of lack of their english skills. So I went there and solved the situation. After a short while the woman comes to my cashier spot and buys some strappings and other stuffs for her dog. I ask if this is her first time in Finland. She says yes and that she moved here with her dog, and she wanna learn some finnish. Im a bit surprised and ask if she is from states. She admits and I say brightly that I'm going to Hawaii for 9 months after few weeks. She responds: Oh, my parents live in Hawaii and I have grown up in there, it's marvellous place and this is the best time to go there.
How can you bump into Hawaiian in a small town called Hollola? This had to had something to do with destiny. And at home I found the family info -envelope at the very same day, which I write about earlier.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti